Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Summer Solstice June 21 2011

So much for today being the summer solstice... it's about 40 degrees and raining out. It's a great day to curl up in bed or on the couch under a blanket and read a book. I just purchased 10 books at the public library book sale in Duluth. I got all 10 for $5! Don't worry, I plan on reading and review them all. I wish there was a job that involved reading books. That would be my dream job. Actually I'd really like to be the person who reads perspective books from new writers and decide if it's worth a shot on being published. That would be fantastic. I'd also like to be a profession proof reader. I am horrible on my own writing but pretty damn good on other people's writing.  **It's raining so hard right now against the bedroom window where I am typing this... I feel like I'm in the car wash.

Craig and I haven't been up to our usual movie watching craze. I think it's just a winter thing. The last movie we watched was called Drive Angry with Nicholas Cage. I'm not usually a Nicholas Cage fan but this movie was fantastic. Milton (Cage) comes back from hell to save his grand-daughter from devil worshipers whose plan is to sacrifice her. There's a lot of violence, a lot of action, and a fair amount of nudity. Most of the dialogue is cheesy but put together with the great effects and the characters it makes for a pretty good film. I definitely recommend it to anyone.. even those of you, who like me, don't like Nicholas Cage. My favorite part of the whole film is when Milton (Cage) is in a hotel room having sex with this lady and then the bad guys enter and he's shooting his guns and flipping all over the room and the woman is still "on" him and he's still "in" her... its a great scene!



I hope that the sun comes out in the next few days and warms everything up. I just planted flowers out front and I feel like I should have waited. Whose heard of waiting until July to plant your outside flowers?! I hope they survive the cold windy crappy typical Minnesotan weather.

 I need to start thinking about some things to do this summer before it just whizzes right by like it always does. (If we ever get a summer that is) I'm sure we'll take a trip to Valley Fair at some point. Even though I feel like I'm too old to have any fun there anymore. I just can't do rides like I used to. Not that I ever could do very  many rides... the spinning ones make me sick, which is a large majority of the rides there. Roller Coasters are good for me if they're not to jerky. There's one there called the Excalibur and I want to say it's their oldest one and it's made out of wood. That thing hits the corners so hard when you get out of the little cart your whole body could be bruised up. Ah summer.... hurry up!










No comments:

Post a Comment