Thursday, July 21, 2016

My First Challenge Box

My First Challenge Box

Scrolling down my Facebook newsfeed one day I came across an ad for The Challenge Box. Per their website The Challenge Box mission is:


  1. Use data to help people live longer and healthier lifestyles.
  2. To deliver a challenge every month that inspires people to take the next step.
  3. Create products that give people confidence they can set any goal large or small, and achieve it.

So that's all great but what is it I'm sure you're asking, right? The Challenge Box is a monthly subscription box that you get in the mail with challenges for you to complete in the month to help in your goals to lose weight. Each month it includes a personalized workout plan, workout gear, and snacks to help you reach your exercise goals. It works in tandem with the Fitbit that I'm slightly obsessed with these days so I figured, what the heck lets give it a whirl!

I signed up June 30, 2016 and was asked if I wanted my first box to be July or August. I was anxious to get started so I chose July thinking I would get the box in the next week or so. I just got the box today (July 20th) and was disappointed it took so long. I realize that I signed up the last day of June so I decided to give the whole subscription some slack and not think to harshly of it.

My personalized workout plan was given to me via their website and based off a series of questions I answered when I signed up. Questions like, how active do I like my exercises, how often do I work out, etc etc. This month my exercises were a Seated Row, Standing Bicep Curl, and Seated Abdominal Twist. The workout plan came with pictures and explanations and how often to do each workout in order to work toward my goal of losing weight. It's pretty tits.

The part of this that I think is fun is the challenge part. You get points for completely things in the challenge. For example, I get 5 points if I achieve 10,000 steps on at least 15 days this month (tracked via my Fitbit). Each month you can earn up to 100 challenge points and for each 100 points I'll get a reward in my next monthly box! Sweet right?

I kind of think July is awash cause I was patiently waiting for my Challenge Box to come before starting and now here we are at the end of the month already. So for August I'm really going to hit it hard and see if I can't complete all the challenges!

Here is what my first July box looked like:


Woohoo, a package for me!


Very nicely packaged.


Welcome page explaining the challenge points (These are also found in more detail under your account on their website)


SNACKS! Because I have no self control I ate these right away. (It was at least lunch time) These were amazing. So amazing I think I need to find where they sell these and buy more. My flavor was KETTLE, which is amazing cause Kettle Corn from the fair is my favorite. According to the back of the bag though they also have BUTTER, SEA SALT, WHITE CHEDDAR, CHEESY JALAPENO and SWEET CHILI. Being someone who watches calories I didnt think this was too bad (140) for a snack.


A soft case bag with straps to hold all my goodies. This bag is actually fairly big so it would be great for a gym bag... if I went to the gym. :)


MORE SNACKS! Okay, so also cause I have no self control I ate the Peanut Butter Dark Chocolate Bar... this was amazing, but had a lot of calories (200) for a snack. I took a bite of the coffee bar and tossed it. I'm sure it's super good, but coffee flavor just isn't my bag. Plus I was already drinking Cocoa Cola today so I'm not sure how much caffeine my system really needs. The last one I threw in the cupboard to try later having decided that eating in full two of the four snacks was probably enough.


Motivational Poster. This was just a printed out motivational saying on a piece of glossy paper, but I taped it to the door in my office aways. 


Exercise gear! This is one of those thingys that you put underneath your feet and then stretch your arms out and stuff. In my personalized exercise plan they were using one like this for the bicep curls. I've never had one of these and am excited I now do so I can test out some of these July exercises.



Overall I think that this box had some cool things in it. Was it worth the $36.98 I paid for it... I don't know about that, but I'll give it a couple of more months before I terminate my plan.

Wanna try it? Get your Challenge Box here.

And that's a wrap.

**UPDATE** - So apparently when I signed up for this I didn't sign up for a reoccurring plan, just a one month type deal. I signed up again to get the August box and I guess I was too late. I emailed someone who said that they would have one sent out special since I didn't realize I wasn't on reoccurring.. yeah it's Sept 6 and I still haven't gotten it... not to mention if they weren't sending August, I had already paid so they should be sending Sept... it's the 6th already and I haven't gotten it yet. I would think that if you are going to have a box that challenges you to do things for the month that you should get it by the 1st, if not shortly before to prepare and be ready. I had a horrible time with customer service and the one box I did get really wasn't worth all this hassle. Now I need to decide if I ask for my Sept box money back...or just wait to see if I ever get it. My new opinion thus far... don't waste your time or money.


No comments:

Post a Comment