Thursday, January 26, 2017

BOOK REVIEW: God on a Harley by Joan Brady

God on a Harley by Joan Brady


I was given this book for my birthday from my Mom. A friend of hers that lives down in Texas recommend it. She advised that when she got divorced this book really helped her. While I've been divorced for almost 10 years and don't really need help in that area anymore... I do have to admit that I think this book would help ANYONE in ANY situation.

We learn the main character is Christine and she's suffered a horrible heartbreak in the first few pages of the book. The heartbreak was not fresh but as we come to find out (and she runs into the heartthrob) it's a lot fresher than she thought and hoped. This book takes you through Christine's relationship with God and how she comes to find herself again. How she's able to take back her life and build a new relationship with herself and God.  At one point in the book she has an angry conversation with God and asks him many questions on why the world is the way it is. These are questions I often find myself asking and it made the conversation she has with him very real in my eyes.

I'm not a super religious person so for those of you who are not as well don't be scared off by the title or the fact that Christine is renewing her relationship with God. There's other things that you can take from this book that you could use in your own life if you're struggling to find where you fit in and what's working and not working. This is a fairly quick read, I got through it in one afternoon. Check it out. I don't think you'll be sorry.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment