Friday, May 5, 2017

BOOK REVIEW: Ask Me Why I Hurt by Randy Christensen MD with Rene Denfeld

Ask Me Why I Hurt by Randy Christensen, MD with Rene Denfeld


This book has been in my TBR pile for quite some time. I don't recall how the book was recommended to me but I'm glad that I got the name, where-ever, I got it from.

This is a memoir written by an amazing doctor by the name of Randy Christensen, or as in the book and known to the kids, "Dr. Randy". It's not often that you hear a story from a doctors point of view. This books goes into great depth about the homeless children epidemic in Arizona. Dr. Randy drive the "big blue" bus that parks in various places around Arizona and offer free medical assistance to children who are homeless or otherwise can't afford it. The stories of the children he meets tug at your heart strings for sure. SPOILER ALERT: The stories are also quite eye opening... especially the part about the coach roach found in their ears!

If you have any interest in the medical field and/or the type of medical situations you'd see in the homeless than this would be a good book for you. Actually, I think it would be a good book for anyone. It definitely is a page turner and also an eye opener if you aren't aware of the hardships of the homeless.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment