Thursday, September 29, 2016

BOOK REVIEW: Everybody Sees the Ants by A.S. King

Everybody Sees the Ants by A.S. King


I loved this book. I don't recall who recommended it or what list of books I nabbed it off but I'm glad that I did.

The story line is that of Lucky Linderman who is getting bullied by Nadar McMillian. Lucky is having problems at school with a project he started for one of his classes that revolved around how you'd kill yourself. Cause his parents and school counsleors to consider him "at risk". He has problems at home with a father who doesn't know how to be a father and is very absent in his life and a mother who just goes along with it all. Lucky escapes in his dreams to the jungle during the Vietnam War and has full on conversations with the Grandfather he's never met who is a POW/MIA. During all of this he manages to grow up and come to peace with his life and finds himself able to stand up to his bully.

I really enjoyed this book. It's a fairly quick read but very well written and something I feel everyone could relate to.

No comments:

Post a Comment